- iCoffee Mozart vs Opus? What You Should Get Instead - March 26, 2022
- The R2-D2 Coffee Press: Fulfill Your Love of Coffee and Star Wars - March 26, 2022
- Counter Culter Coffee Review: Worth It? Yay or Nay? - March 25, 2022
What could be better than a fresh cup of coffee in the morning? The delicious smell, the warmth, the rich flavor sliding down your throat–magical!ne
For a true connoisseur, there’s nothing better than a French press. Unless you’ve got upwards of $300 to spend on a high-end espresso or cappuccino maker, the French press is the best of the “budget” options. You get that same rich, fragrant coffee, but at a fraction of the cost. Say goodbye to your drip coffee machine for good.
But how can you find the few French presses that are the “cream of the crop”? With so many available–both online and in stores–it may seem a daunting task to find the French press best-suited to your preferences.
Don’t sweat it! We’ve done all the research for you, comparing all the pros, cons, and specs of the many French presses out there, reading through thousands of reviews and looking for only the very best. Here is our list of the top 3 best French press coffee makers for you:
#1 Pick: KONA French Press
If Amazon’s reviews point to anything, it’s that this is one heck of an AMAZING French press coffee maker. With a 4.7 out of 5-star rating and over 9,000 reviews, you’ve got no option but to consider this French press.
The coffee pot itself is made out of EXTRA thick borosilicate glass, which is resistant to cracks and damage. The plastic outer shell and handle make it easy to grip the coffee maker, but it also adds an extra layer of protection. The shell will take most of the “beating” in the washing machine, in your sink, or in your shelves, all while protecting the glass carafe from damage. It’s one of the best-designed French presses around.
The glass pitcher can hold up to 34 ounces of liquid, or 8 cups. It’s designed not just to brew an amazing cup (or 8) of coffee, but you can use it for loose leaf tea as well. The filter traps 99% of the coffee ground or tea leaves, ensuring that your coffee is free of any particles.
The plastic lid and shell is 100% BPA/BPA-free, making it both eco-friendly and perfectly safe for human use. Don’t want to wash it by hand? No worries! Throw it in the dishwashing machine–it’s dishwasher safe as well.
Worried that the French press will wear out after years of use? Concerned that the rubber or plastic seal is going to break? With this French press, you get only a durable stainless steel filter system that is designed to last. It’s one of the most durable French presses around.
Here are a few of the things more than 7,000 satisfied customers have stated about this French press:
- “Though this model is a bit more expensive, you’re paying for a much better design.”
- “The glass carafe is well protected with a plastic grip-this makes it a lot stronger and makes the press a bit more durable.”
- “This press is also designed so that no plastic touches the hot water when you’re brewing the coffee, so that’s always a plus. It also comes with a spoon for measuring out coffee grounds.”
- “Beautiful design and quality.”
Now we come to the best part of the French press: the price tag…
You can find French presses at Wal-mart or Target for $10 to $15, but they’ll be decent quality at best. For this top-rated French press, you pay just a tiny bit more: $19. Considering how well-designed and durable it is, it’s absolutely worth spending a little more on a French press that will last longer.
Extract & brew any tea leaf or coffee bean's essential oils into a single glass carafe. Will turn any ordinary coffee into a gourmet coffee treat guaranteed or your money back.
Best Pick: SterlingPro French Coffee Press
If you HATE coffee ground in your brew, you’ll love this French press. It may have a slightly higher price tag, but it gets the job done every time.
The pitcher is made from Extra Thick borosilicate glass, perfectly clear so you can see your coffee brewing. The stainless steel frame around the pitcher will help to prevent scratches and damage, and the plastic handle will prevent you from touching the glass as you pour.
You get 34 ounces (8 cups) from this French press, but what makes it a winner (in our books) is the double-screen system. Instead of using just one filter to prevent coffee ground or tea leaves from leaking into your coffee, this French press uses a dual screen filtration system. It produces a wondrously smooth cup of coffee every time, with ZERO particles.
On Amazon, the product has a 4.4 out of 5-star rating, with more than 6000 4- and 5-star reviews. Here are a few of the comments posted by users:
- “The double stainless steel screen system makes sure that your coffee has no coffee grounds in it and all you get is the rich and robust flavor of perfectly brewed coffee.”
- “The carafe is nicely designed and beautiful and it is made of heat resistant glass.”
- “This press is very easy to use and very easy to clean.”
- “Its all glass or stainless steel. There is some plastic on the underside of the lid, but does not come in to contact with liquid.”
Bonus: When you buy the Sterling Pro(from Amazon), you receive two extra replacement screens. If your screens run out and start leaking coffee ground, you can simply replace them rather than buying a new French press.
Let’s talk price…
This French press will run you $29.90 (plus shipping), making it a fairly expensive option. Check out the latest prices and discounts. However, if you want quality coffee, you’ll have to be willing to pay a bit more.
Best Pick: Bodum Chambord 8-Cup French Press
If you plan to use your French press regularly, this is the one for you! It’s durable, well-built, and easy to clean.
The Bodum looks a lot like the Sterling: plastic handle, stainless steel frame, Extra Thick clear borosilicate clear glass, a 34-ounce (8-cup) carafe, and a dishwasher-safe construction. However, it doesn’t have the double screen of the Sterling. Instead, it uses a 3-part stainless steel mesh filter to trap coffee ground as you press the plunger down. The stainless steel filter actually helps to extract the essential oils, giving your coffee those rich, subtle flavors you can’t help but love.
It’s as easy to use as you could ask for: Add coffee ground, pour water, wait, press down, enjoy!
- “Best tasting coffee you’ll ever have at home, period. Strong, full-bodied flavor.”
- “The strainer does an excellent job of keeping these in the coffee maker and out of your coffee.”
- “Fully assembled you have a durable (for glass) press that can easily stand up to daily use. I use mine daily with no problems at all.”
- “I found that I use far less coffee than the instructions recommend for preparation.”
The price tag, however, is a different matter…
Like the Sterling, you pay close to $30 for this French press. It’s worth it if you want a good-looking French press, but a bit higher than our #1 Pick KonaThese are the three best French presses around, the ones you’ll want to consider if you want only high-quality coffee at home!